Do you complain about your calling or fret about the changes and trials of life? How do you know but that these very changes are the divine methods by which God’s purposes of blessing and usefulness concerning you are being fulfilled? Had Aquila and Priscilla not been compelled to leave Rome and break up their home and business, they probably would never have met Paul, nor would they have come to know and serve Christ through this providential meeting. Had they not been working persons pursuing their ordinary vocation, they would not have been brought into contact with the apostle. it was in the line of their calling, their common duties and the providential changes of their lives that God called them. And so He meets us. Do not attempt to run away from your calling, but, as the apostle has so aptly put it, Let every man wherein he is called, therein abide with God (1 Corinthians 7:24). Make the most of your incidental opportunities.
- Rosalind Goforth (2)
- He Giveth More Grace by Annie Johnson Flint (1)
- Cesar A Gonzalez Reading this word filled up my soul.
- Missionary's Wives (4)
- E Thank you, Joy. Your response was very helpful and encouraging...
- Elisabeth Elliot (1)
- Jane Henderson I am in search of Elisabeth Elliott flip devotional that...
- Biography of Madame Guyon (3)
- Margaret Greenwood A very moving account of an amazing lady. What an...
- Prayer for Our Children by Amy Carmichael (1)
- Mary Winslow (1)
- christine Thank you
- All Women (6)
- Gisela Yohannan (4)
- Michelle What???