Nancy Leigh DeMoss: The apostle Paul told the Ephesians, “Among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality.” Have you been staying away from “even a hint”? Here are some questions to help you think about it.
- Is your thought life pure?
- Do you find yourself imagining what it would be like to do certain things with certain people?
- Are you careful in relationships with the opposite sex?
- Do you guard your eyes from anything that might tempt you morally?
- Do you secretly wonder what it would be like to have another man’s wife? Or another woman’s husband?
- When you watch or read things—are they pure and lovely?
- Do you have any secret or private habits that aren’t pure?
You’ll probably face all kinds of temptation today. Remember, how much sin is too much? The Scripture says there must be “not even a hint.”
Ask God to fill you with His power and help you to say no to temptation today. He can help you live a life of purity.
With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.