Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Do the men around you feel helped, or do they feel alone?
Genesis 2:18 tells us what God said right before creating the first woman: “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
If you’re a woman listening today, are you fulfilling the role God’s given you as a helper? Here are some questions to help you evaluate.
- Have you embraced your God-given design to be a helper?
- Are you willing to sacrifice your own ambitions in order to help your husband?
- Do you provide him with companionship?
- Do you complement your husband or compete with him?
- Perhaps you’re single. What kinds of words, actions, and attitudes would help the Christian men around you become all God wants them to be?
- Are you promoting healthy, godly marriages in the ways you relate to other women’s husbands?
Lord, help us fulfill the purpose for which you created us. Amen.
With Seeking Him, Nancy Leigh DeMoss