Nancy Leigh DeMoss: The book of 1 Timothy tells women to “adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control” (2:9). How do you do that when it seems like immodesty is everywhere? Let me suggest seven choices.
- Live your life to please God and bring Him glory.
- Say, “Lord, my body belongs to You.”
- Decide to be modest because it pleases God.
- Resolve to be morally pure.
- Commit to never dress in a way that would tempt men to lust.
- Stand against the culture when it’s contrary to the Word of God.
- Be humble and open to the input of others.
Modesty isn’t necessarily about a list of acceptable clothes. It comes from a commitment to Christ and a commitment to purity. Would you spend some time talking with Him about this issue?
With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.