- If Christ Should Come Tonight by Martha Snell Nicholson (4)
- The Old-Fashioned Way by Civilla D. Martin (1)
- Tim Thomas I am looking to play this song on my guitar...
- Account of Two Women Who Prayed for D. L. Moody (1)
- Daniel Brown This is a wonderful testimony! Is there a book in...
- Elisabeth Elliot Quotes (6)
- Collette Diez I have been searching to try to find Elisabeth Elliot's...
- About This Site (20)
- Edith I just found this site. Thank you.
- Unawares by Emma A. Lent (5)
- Arlynne L Jondro In 1960 I was a beehive in my church, and...
- Guests by Martha Snell Nicholson (1)
- James Murdoch Since 1987 I have lived with chronic low back pain...
- Basilea Schlink (5)
I Love to Steal Away by Phoebe Hinsdale Brown
I LOVE to steal awhile away From every cumbering care, And spend the hours of setting day In humble, grateful prayer. I love, in solitude, to shed The penitential tear; And all His promises to plead, When none but God can hear. I love to think on mercies past, And future good implore; And all my cares and sorrows cast On Him whom I adore. I love, by faith, to take a view Of brighter scenes in heaven; The prospect doth my strength renew, While here by tempests driven. Thus, when life’s toilsome day is o’er, May its departing ray Be calm as this impressive hour, And lead to endless day.