O My Lord, abide with me, I beseech Thee, and in Thee let my soul find rest, and let it delight itself in Thee, for what is there that can be compared with that peace which is in Thee, seeing that it passeth all understanding! Nothing can bring me any good if I lack Thy peace. And what can I lack if I have Thee, who art all Good? I will rejoice in Thee, and Thou, I hope and pray most humbly, wilt disperse this cloud, and wilt show me the light of Thy will, and wilt cause Thy peace and serenity to fill and gladden my heart. Verily, the heart is ever restless, until it rest in Thee alone. It, which can contain the Highest Good, can never be filled or satisfied with aught that is less than Thee—Amen.
- Martha Snell Nicholson (9)
- Worrying by Basilea Schlink (1)
- Andy Thompson As a Christian who is a born worrier, I really...
- Jesus, tender Shepherd, hear me by Mary Lundie Duncan (3)
- Praise in the Midst of Trouble - Streams in the... (1)
- Margaret Henderson I read these lovely devotions every day and I find...
- More Artwork by Lilias Trotter (3)
- Anthea Yes! Check out Lilias' paintings on www.fineartamerica.com
- Mary Lundie Duncan (1814-1840) (1)
- Melody Myrow My Grandmother taught me this prayer when I was a...
- Faith’s Checkbook 02/17 (1)
- Anita Faith's Checkbook has been such an encouraging devotional. It offers...
- A Devious Repentance By Elisabeth Elliot (5)