Madame Jeanne Guyon (1648 – 1717) Annie Poonen (1942 – Present)
Martha Ravenhill (1911 – 2001)
Hannah Whitall Smith (1832-1911)
Susanna Wesley (1669-1742)
Mary Winslow (1774–1854) Rachel Yankovic
18Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.
19And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
20And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:
21That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.
22For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;
Ps 22:30,31 NLT
Our children will also serve him. Future generations will hear about the wonders of the Lord.
His righteous acts will be told to those not yet born. They will hear about everything he has done.
Psalm 78:4-8 NLT
4 We will not hide these truths from our children;
we will tell the next generation
about the glorious deeds of the Lord,
about his power and his mighty wonders.
5 For he issued his laws to Jacob;
he gave his instructions to Israel.
He commanded our ancestors
to teach them to their children,
6 so the next generation might know them—
even the children not yet born—
and they in turn will teach their own children.
7 So each generation should set its hope anew on God,
not forgetting his glorious miracles
and obeying his commands.
8 Then they will not be like their ancestors—
stubborn, rebellious, and unfaithful,
refusing to give their hearts to God.
“They say that man is mighty; he governs land and sea.
He wields a mighty scepter o’er lesser powers that be.
But the mightier power the stronger man from his throne is hurled.
For the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.”
– William Ross Wallace in 1865
A great book by Annie Poonen.
God Made Mothers
- The Impact One Life Can Have, Part Three by K.P. Yohannan
- The Reward of Silence by Madame Guyon
- “The Canaanite Woman” by Annie Poonen
- “The Woman Caught in Adultery” by Annie Poonen
- *Must Read* “A Vision of the Lost” by William Booth (video)
- A Bigger Vision of Motherhood Part 1 – Nancy Leigh DeMoss with Erin Davis
- A Broken and Contrite Heart by Mary Winslow
- A Mother’s Gift: or, A Wreath for my Darlings by Phoebe Palmer
- A Mother’s Hymn by William Cullen Bryant
- A Poem for Mothers
- A Short and Easy Method of Prayer by Madame Guyon 1685 (Audio)
- Aggressive Christianity by Catherine Booth
- Amazing Faith of a Godly Mother by Zac Poonen
- Antelope Hunting: How Loneliness Makes Us Vulnerable to Sin by Erin Davis
- Autobiography of Madame Guyon (Audio)
- Being A Christian At Home by Melody Green
- Biography of Madame Guyon
- Build Me A Son by General Douglas MacArthur
- Burt Forney on Martha Ravenhill
- Concerning the Will by Hannah Whitall Smith
- Death of Wesley’s Mother by John Wesley
- Difficulties Concerning Consecration by Hannah Whitall Smith
- Difficulties Concerning Faith by Hannah Whitall Smith
- Difficulties Concerning Faith by Hannah Whitall Smith
- Difficulties Concerning Guidance by Hannah Whitall Smith
- Discouragement by Hannah Whitall Smith
- DIVINE COMMUNICATIONS.
- Enduring Hardship by A. W. Tozer
- Epitaph for Susanna Wesley by Charles Wesley
- Felicitas and Her Seven Sons
- Forever with the Lord by Octavius Winslow
- Founding of the Salvation Army by William Booth
- Freedom in Prison by Madame Guyon
- Gems from Madame Guyon
- Gently Lead Us by Octavius Winslow
- God Grace is Sufficient for Moms – Nancy Leigh DeMoss with Erin Davis
- God Uses Women Too by Annie Poonen (video)
- Grace and Power for Moms by Holly Elliff
- Habe Geduld Mit Mir – Annie Poonen
- Hannah Whitall Smith’s Conversion
- Have Patience With Me by Annie Poonen
- How the Wesleys Were Brought up by John Wesley
- HUMILITY THE EFFECT OF LOVE.
- Husband To The Widow, Father To The Fatherless by H. A. Ironside
- I am Saved. Jesus Speaking Peace. by Mary Winslow
- Its Cowardly Service vs. The Real Warfare by Catherine Booth
- Its False Christs Compared With The Christ Of God by Catherine Booth
- Its Mock Salvation vs. A Real Deliverance From Sin by Catherine Booth
- Its Sham Compassion vs. The Dying Love Of Christ by Catherine Booth
- Its Sham Judgment in Contrast With The Great White Throne by Catherine Booth
- Jesus the Seed of the Woman by Horatius Bonar
- Joy in Martyrdom by Madame Guyon
- JOY IN PERSECUTIONS.
- Keeping the Wesley Children in Order by John Wesley
- Let Me See Thy Face and Die by John Wesley
- Letter 1 by Madame Jeanne Guyon
- Letter to Her Mother – Mary Winslow
- Living The Life That Tells For God by Hannah Whitall Smith
- Marriage and Family – The Ravenhills
- Monnica, Mother of St. Augustine
- Mother’s Prayer
- Motherhood as a Mission Field by Rachel Jankovic
- Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children Rank) BY RACHEL JANKOVIC
- Motherhood Under Attack Part 2 – Nancy Leigh DeMoss with Erin Davis
- Mrs. Wesley as Preacher by John Wesley
- Not The “Must I?” Of Duty But The “May I” Of Love By Hannah Whitall Smith
- O for a Thousand Tongues by Charles Wesley (Hymn Story)
- Our Cares the Lord’s Care: The Assurance of God Sanctifying. by Mary Winslow
- Parents Choosing Slavery by Janice McBride (audio)
- Part 2 – His Earthly Sanctuary – Nancy Leigh DeMoss with Elisabeth Elliot
- Prayer for Our Children by Amy Carmichael
- Preaching Critique by William Booth
- Rahab by Annie Poonen
- Ravenhill Family Life
- REIGN OF CHRIST IN THE HEART.
- Salvation Army Marches and Evangelism by William Booth
- Six Reasons Your Husband May Not Like Your Women’s Group by Erin Davis
- Some dying sayings of Mary Winslow
- Speaking for Jesus. Tried Faith and its Blessings. by Mary Winslow
- Spiritual Maxims by Madame Guyon
- Strangers and Pilgrims by Mary Winslow
- Susanna Wesley’s “By-laws”
- Tender Comfort by C. H. Spurgeon
- The Gospel of the Kingdom of God by Jeanne Guyon
- The Hand that Rocks the Cradle by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)
- The Heavenly Places by Hannah Whitall Smith
- The Joy Of Obedience by Hannah Whitall Smith
- The Law of Your Mother! by James Smith, 1861
- The Life On Wings By Hannah W. Smith
- The Lordship Of Christ In The Home by Norman Street
- The Monster and Mary by Alan Martin
- The Perfect Sacrifice by Madame Guyon
- The Power of Simplicity by Jeanne Guyon
- The Triumph of Heavenly Love Desired by Madame Guyon
- The Unselfishness of God by Hannah Whitall Smith
- The Widow Comforted. God the Orphan’s Father. by Mary Winslow
- There is a Fountain Filled with Blood by Mary Winslow
- True Freedom Comes Through Submission by Annie Poonen(Tamil) (video)
- TURN FROM SELF TO CHRIST
- Voices I Hear by Andrea Howard Hawthorn
- WALKING WITH JESUS by Mary Winslow
- What a place must that be! by Mary Winslow
- What is Repentance? by Catherine Booth
- Wisdom for Sisters by Annie Poonen (video)
- Women Whom Jesus Praised by Annie Poonen (video)
- “The Samaritan Woman” by Annie Poonen