JAN 22 – CHRISTIAN LIBERALITY
Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. (Psalm 41:1) To think about the poor and let them lie on our hearts is a Christian man’s duty; for Jesus put them with us and near us when He said, “The poor ye have always with you.” Many give their money to the poor in a hurry, without thought; and many more give nothing at all. This precious promise belongs to those who “consider” the poor, look into their case, devise plans for their benefit, and considerately carry them out. We can do more by care than by cash, and most with two together. To those who consider the poor, the Lord promises His own consideration in times of distress. He will bring us out of trouble if we help others when they are in trouble. We shall receive very singular providential help if the Lord sees that we try to provide for others. We shall have a time of trouble, however generous we may be; but if we are charitable, we may put in a claim for peculiar deliverance, and the Lord will not deny His own word and bond. Miserly curmudgeons may help themselves, but considerate and generous believers the Lord will help. As you have done unto others, so will the Lord do unto you. Empty your pockets.
- Rosalind Goforth (2)
- He Giveth More Grace by Annie Johnson Flint (1)
- Cesar A Gonzalez Reading this word filled up my soul.
- Missionary's Wives (4)
- E Thank you, Joy. Your response was very helpful and encouraging...
- Elisabeth Elliot (1)
- Jane Henderson I am in search of Elisabeth Elliott flip devotional that...
- Biography of Madame Guyon (3)
- Margaret Greenwood A very moving account of an amazing lady. What an...
- Prayer for Our Children by Amy Carmichael (1)
- Mary Winslow (1)
- christine Thank you
- All Women (6)
- Gisela Yohannan (4)
- Michelle What???