JAN 13 – NEVER CAST OUT
Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. (John 6:37) Is there any instance of our Lord’s casting out a coming one? If there be so, we would like to know of it; but there has been none, and there never will be. Among the lost souls in hell there is not one that can say, “I went to Jesus, and He refused me.” It is not possible that you or I should be the first to whom Jesus shall break His word. Let us not entertain so dark a suspicion. Suppose we go to Jesus now about the evils of today. Oh, this we may be sure—He will not refuse us audience or cast us out. Those of us who have often been and those who have never gone before—let us go together, and we shall see that He will not shut the door of His grace in the face of any one of us. “This man receiveth sinners,” but He repulses none. We come to Him in weakness and sin, with trembling faith, and small knowledge, and slender hope; but He does not cast us out. We come by prayer, and that prayer broken; with confession, and that confession faulty; with praise, and that praise far short of His merits; but yet He receives us. We come diseased, polluted, worn out, and worthless; but He doth in no wise cast us out. Let us come again today to Him who never casts us out.
- Rosalind Goforth (2)
- He Giveth More Grace by Annie Johnson Flint (1)
- Cesar A Gonzalez Reading this word filled up my soul.
- Missionary's Wives (4)
- E Thank you, Joy. Your response was very helpful and encouraging...
- Elisabeth Elliot (1)
- Jane Henderson I am in search of Elisabeth Elliott flip devotional that...
- Biography of Madame Guyon (3)
- Margaret Greenwood A very moving account of an amazing lady. What an...
- Prayer for Our Children by Amy Carmichael (1)
- Mary Winslow (1)
- christine Thank you
- All Women (6)
- Gisela Yohannan (4)
- Michelle What???