JAN 10 – DIVINE RECOMPENSE
He that watereth shall be watered also himself. (Proverbs 11:25) If I carefully consider others, God will consider me, and in some way or other He will recompense me. Let me consider the poor, and the Lord will consider me. Let me look after little children, and the Lord will treat me as His child. Let me feed His flock, and He will feed me. Let me water His garden, and He will make a watered garden of my soul. This is the Lord’s own promise; be it mine to fulfill the condition and then to expect its fulfillment. I may care about myself till I grow morbid; I may watch over my own feelings till I feel nothing; and I may lament my own weakness till I grow almost too weak to lament. It will be far more profitable for me to become unselfish and out of love to my Lord Jesus begin to care for the souls of those around me. My tank is getting very low; no fresh rain comes to fill it; what shall I do? I will pull up the plug and let its contents run out to water the withering plants around me. What do I see? My cistern seems to fill as it flows. A secret spring is at work. While all was stagnant, the fresh spring was sealed; but as my stock Rows out to water others the Lord thinketh upon me. Hallelujah!
- If Christ Should Come Tonight by Martha Snell Nicholson (4)
- The Old-Fashioned Way by Civilla D. Martin (1)
- Tim Thomas I am looking to play this song on my guitar...
- Account of Two Women Who Prayed for D. L. Moody (1)
- Daniel Brown This is a wonderful testimony! Is there a book in...
- Elisabeth Elliot Quotes (6)
- Collette Diez I have been searching to try to find Elisabeth Elliot's...
- About This Site (20)
- Edith I just found this site. Thank you.
- Unawares by Emma A. Lent (5)
- Arlynne L Jondro In 1960 I was a beehive in my church, and...
- Guests by Martha Snell Nicholson (1)
- James Murdoch Since 1987 I have lived with chronic low back pain...
- Basilea Schlink (5)