JAN 7 – ALWAYS GROWING
Thou shalt see greater than these. (John 1:50) This is spoken to a childlike believer, who was ready to accept Jesus as the Son of God, the King of Israel, upon one convincing piece of argument. Those who are willing to see shall see; it is because we shut our eyes that we become so sadly blind. We have seen much already. Great things and unsearchable has the Lord showed unto us, for which we praise His name; but there are greater truths in His Word, greater depths of experience, greater heights of fellow-ship, greater works of usefulness, greater discoveries of power, and love, and wisdom. These we are yet to see if we are willing to believe our Lord. The faculty of inventing false doctrine is ruinous, but power to see the truth is a blessing. Heaven shall be opened to us, the way thither shall be made clear to us in the Son of Man, and the angelic commerce which goes on between the upper and the lower kingdoms shall be made more manifest to us. Let us keep our eyes
open toward spiritual objects and expect to see more and more. Let us believe that our lives will not drivel down into nothing but that we shall be always on the growing hand, seeing greater and still greater things, till we behold the great God Himself and never again lose the sight of Him.
- If Christ Should Come Tonight by Martha Snell Nicholson (4)
- The Old-Fashioned Way by Civilla D. Martin (1)
- Tim Thomas I am looking to play this song on my guitar...
- Account of Two Women Who Prayed for D. L. Moody (1)
- Daniel Brown This is a wonderful testimony! Is there a book in...
- Elisabeth Elliot Quotes (6)
- Collette Diez I have been searching to try to find Elisabeth Elliot's...
- About This Site (20)
- Edith I just found this site. Thank you.
- Unawares by Emma A. Lent (5)
- Arlynne L Jondro In 1960 I was a beehive in my church, and...
- Guests by Martha Snell Nicholson (1)
- James Murdoch Since 1987 I have lived with chronic low back pain...
- Basilea Schlink (5)