- Martha Snell Nicholson (9)
- Worrying by Basilea Schlink (1)
- Andy Thompson As a Christian who is a born worrier, I really...
- Jesus, tender Shepherd, hear me by Mary Lundie Duncan (3)
- Praise in the Midst of Trouble - Streams in the... (1)
- Margaret Henderson I read these lovely devotions every day and I find...
- More Artwork by Lilias Trotter (3)
- Anthea Yes! Check out Lilias' paintings on www.fineartamerica.com
- Mary Lundie Duncan (1814-1840) (1)
- Melody Myrow My Grandmother taught me this prayer when I was a...
- Faith’s Checkbook 02/17 (1)
- Anita Faith's Checkbook has been such an encouraging devotional. It offers...
- A Devious Repentance By Elisabeth Elliot (5)
Category Archives: Uncategorized
MAR 7 – FROM FETTERS FREE The Lord looseth the prisoner. (Psalm 146:7) He has done it. Remember Joseph, Israel in Egypt, Manasseh, Jeremiah, Peter, and many others. He can do it still. He breaks the bars of brass with … Continue reading
Glory be to Thee, O Lord; glory be to Thee. That this day, and every day, may come on perfect, holy, peaceable, healthful, and without sin,—grant, Lord, we beseech Thee. What things are good and profitable to our souls, together … Continue reading
We give Thee thanks, Almighty God, for the bread of the body that perisheth, and we beseech Thee to give us that bread by which man’s higher life is fed, that we, laying hold of the life that never dies, … Continue reading
Father, with thankful and humble hearts we appear before Thee. We would thank Thee for all the benefits that we have received from Thy goodness: It is to Thy blessing we owe what success we have found. Every opportunity for … Continue reading
O Lord, because being compassed with infirmities we oftentimes sin and ask pardon, help us to forgive as we would be forgiven; neither mentioning old offences committed against us, nor dwelling upon them in thought, nor being influenced by them … Continue reading
O Almighty God! Eternal Treasure of all things! Thou fillest all things with plenteousness; Thou clothest the lilies of the field, and feedest the young ravens that call upon Thee. Let Thy Providence be my store-house, my own necessities the … Continue reading
“Then believed they his words; they sang his praise. They soon forgot his works; they waited not for his counsel; but lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert. And he gave them their request; but sent … Continue reading
They call me old-fashioned because I believe That the Bible is God’s holy Word, That Jesus, who lived among men long ago, Is divine, and the Christ of God. Refrain My sin was old-fashioned, My guilt was old-fashioned, God’s love … Continue reading
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. In Darfur Region in northwestern Sudan, Hawa Abdalla Muhammad Saleh was arrested on May 9 in … Continue reading
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: The apostle Paul says, “Love does not envy.” Elisabeth Elliot has helped us think through what that means. She writes, “If I imagine that I love my neighbor, let me test my love by asking how glad … Continue reading