- If Christ Should Come Tonight by Martha Snell Nicholson (4)
- The Old-Fashioned Way by Civilla D. Martin (1)
- Tim Thomas I am looking to play this song on my guitar...
- Account of Two Women Who Prayed for D. L. Moody (1)
- Daniel Brown This is a wonderful testimony! Is there a book in...
- Elisabeth Elliot Quotes (6)
- Collette Diez I have been searching to try to find Elisabeth Elliot's...
- About This Site (20)
- Edith I just found this site. Thank you.
- Unawares by Emma A. Lent (5)
- Arlynne L Jondro In 1960 I was a beehive in my church, and...
- Guests by Martha Snell Nicholson (1)
- James Murdoch Since 1987 I have lived with chronic low back pain...
- Basilea Schlink (5)
Category Archives: Faith’s Checkbook – Spurgeon
MAY 27 – AS THE LIFE—SO THE FRUIT For if these thing be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:8) If … Continue reading
MAY 26 – COMMONEST THINGS BLESSED Ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water. (Exodus 23:25) What a promise is this! To serve God is in itself a high delight. But what … Continue reading
MAY 25 – GOD’S TREASURY The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure. (Deuteronomy 28:12) This refers first to the rain. The Lord will give this in its season. Rain is the emblem of all those celestial refreshings which … Continue reading
MAY 24 – ONE A MAJORITY! One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the Lord your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you. (Joshua 23:10) Why count heads? One man with God … Continue reading
MAY 23 – FULL RELIANCE ON GOD For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. (Psalm 72:12) The needy cries; what else can he do? His cry is heard of … Continue reading
MAY 22 – SONG OF CONFIDENCE Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt receive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. (Psalm 138:7) Wretched … Continue reading
MAY 21 – RAIN WITHOUT CLOUDS? NEVER! If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth. (Ecclesiastes 11:3) Why, then, do we dread the clouds which now darken our sky? True, for a while they hide … Continue reading
MAY 20 – WE DARE NOT DOUBT I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron. (Isaiah 45:2) This was for … Continue reading
MAY 19 – WE MAY SPEAK FOR GOD Therefore thus saith the Lord, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt … Continue reading