- If - Part 2 (Calvary Love) by Amy Carmichael (4)
- Biography of Madame Guyon (5)
- Hope for Hurting Women - Testimony of Jackie Kenaston (2)
- Duncan Pate Well I woke up with more hope than yesterday 16-10-2017...
- The Martyrdom of St. Domnina and Her Two Daughters (1)
- Sofia Vokolos-West Lord have mercy on our souls and save our children's...
- THE HOT WATER BOTTLE - A True Story By Helen... (1)
- Glenda Macdonald Please email me this true story of the hot water...
- Lean Hard by Octavius Winslow (4)
- Sharon L Buck I've always thought the author was unknown, also. Nice to...
- Faith's Checkbook 09/30 (1)
- Vicki I love the image of baby birds waiting to be...
- HISTORY OF HERALD OF HIS COMING (7)
- Kathleen Porter The Holy Spirit brought you to mind tonight as I...
- Build Me A Son by General Douglas MacArthur (2)
- Michelle It was a mistake, and not clarified in the book....
Category Archives: Anabaptists
The 36th Song Song of Annelein of Freiburg, who was drowned and then burned in 1529 To the tune of ‘In you I have hoped, Lord’ Everlasting Father in heaven, I call on you so ardently, Do not let … Continue reading
ELIZABETH AND HADEWIJK; OF WHOM THE FORMER WAS DROWNED AT LEEUWARDEN, AND THE LATTER ESCAPED DEATH, IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD, 1549
This Elizabeth was of a noble family, and had in her youth been put by her parents into the convent of Tieng, near Lier near East Friesia, there to learn various arts, and also the Latin language. There she accidently, … Continue reading
As it is known and manifest according to the testimony of the divine Scriptures, that all who have been righteous, and lived godly in Christ Jesus, have had to suffer, from the beginning of the world, so this Maria, as … Continue reading
About the year 1550, it happened in the bishopric of Bamberg, that two young girls espoused and received Christ by faith, were baptized upon their faith, according to the doctrine of Christ, and arising from sin, sought to walk in … Continue reading
In the year 1550, there were imprisoned in the city of London, in England, two pious witnesses of Jesus, a man by the name of John Knel or Buchner, and a woman named Anna Cantiana; who, among other things, believed … Continue reading
Whereas Cecilia, daughter of Jeronymus, of Wormer, has joined the doctrine, sect and heresies of the Anabaptists, having been rebaptized, and holding pernicious views in regard to the sacraments of the holy church, contrary to the holy Christian faith, the … Continue reading
JOHN CLAESS, AND LUCAS LAMBERTS, AN OLD MAN, CALLED GRANDFATHER; TOGETHER WITH SEVERAL TESTAMENTS WRITTEN BY JOHN CLAESS, WHILE IN PRISON AT AMSTERDAM, TO HIS WIFE, CHILDREN, AND OTHER FRIENDS, IN THE YEAR 1544A testament to his wife An affectionate … Continue reading
In the year 1544, there was a sister in the Lord, named Maria van Beckum, whom her mother had driven from home on account of her faith. This. having become known in the Bishopric* of Utrecht, and reported to the … Continue reading
At the time of Zwinglius there was also one Balthasar Hubmor of Friedberg, whom the papists called a doctor of the Holy Scriptures, a learned and eloquent man. He was first a teacher and preacher at Ingolstadt, and subsequently came … Continue reading
The following is the Testament which Anna of Rotterdam left and presented to her son, Isaiah, on the twenty-fourth of January; A. D. 1539, at nine o’clock in the morning, as she was preparing herself to die .for the name … Continue reading