- If Christ Should Come Tonight by Martha Snell Nicholson (4)
- The Old-Fashioned Way by Civilla D. Martin (1)
- Tim Thomas I am looking to play this song on my guitar...
- Account of Two Women Who Prayed for D. L. Moody (1)
- Daniel Brown This is a wonderful testimony! Is there a book in...
- Elisabeth Elliot Quotes (6)
- Collette Diez I have been searching to try to find Elisabeth Elliot's...
- About This Site (20)
- Edith I just found this site. Thank you.
- Unawares by Emma A. Lent (5)
- Arlynne L Jondro In 1960 I was a beehive in my church, and...
- Guests by Martha Snell Nicholson (1)
- James Murdoch Since 1987 I have lived with chronic low back pain...
- Basilea Schlink (5)
Category Archives: Streams in the Desert
“Hitherto hath the Lord helped us” (I Sam. 7:12). The word “hitherto” seems like a hand pointing in the direction of the past. Twenty years or seventy, and yet “hitherto hath the Lord helped us!” Through poverty, through wealth, through … Continue reading
“Peter was kept in prison: but prayer (instant and earnest prayer) was made for him” (Acts 12:5, margin). Peter was in prison awaiting his execution. The Church had neither human power nor influence to save him. There was no earthly … Continue reading
“Arise . . . for we have seen the land, and behold, it is very good; and are ye still? Be not slothful to go, and enter to possess the land: for God hath given it into your hands; a … Continue reading
“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice” (Phil. 4:4). “Sing a little song of trust, O my heart! Sing it just because you must, As leaves start; As flowers push their way through dust; Sing, my heart, … Continue reading
“His soul entered into iron” (Ps. 105:18). Turn that about and render it in our language, and it reads thus, “Iron entered his soul.” Is there not a truth in this? That sorrow and privation, the yoke borne in the … Continue reading
“Sit ye here while I go and pray yonder” (Matt. 26:36). It is a hard thing to be kept in the background at a time of crisis. In the Garden of Gethsemane eight of the eleven disciples were left to … Continue reading
“His name shall be called Emmanuel . . . God with us.” (Matt. 1:23) . “The Prince of Peace” (Isa. 9:6). “There’s a song in the air! There’s a star in the sky! There’s a mother’s deep prayer, And a … Continue reading
“And Isaac went out to meditate in the fields at eventide” (Gen. 24:63). We should be better Christians if we were more alone; we should do more if we attempted less, and spent more time in retirement, and quiet waiting … Continue reading
“The journey is too great for thee” (1 King 19:7). And what did God do with His tired servant? Gave him something good to eat, and put him to sleep. Elijah had done splendid work, and had run alongside of … Continue reading