- Helen Lemmel (1863-1961) (1)
- Alice Kowalski aka Allie Jo Thomas I love Helen's song, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" I...
- Testimony: Coming Out of Hebrew Roots Movement (Anonymous) (8)
- Alicia Just because this was your experience doesn't mean that we...
- Amy Carmichael's Dream (2)
- Ken Nyhus I just read this powerful poem called, "Amy Carmichael's Dream"....
- Biography of Gladys Aylward (3)
- Wes Groleau (???) I think the article should have included the fact that...
- Prayer for Our Children by Amy Carmichael (3)
- christine barbour-johnson This hymn / poem by Amy Carmichael ( which was...
- Many Crowd The Savior's Kingdom by Amy Carmichael (1)
- Jean Patience Very true. It is to wake up the nowadays Christians...
- Mary: Portrait of a Woman Used by God by Nancy... (2)
- MADGE May i become as this woman. Amen.
- If - Part 2 (Calvary Love) by Amy Carmichael (4)
- Biography of Madame Guyon (5)
- Amo A brilliant article. Thanks for your hard work. I will...
- Hope for Hurting Women - Testimony of Jackie Kenaston (2)
- Duncan Pate Well I woke up with more hope than yesterday 16-10-2017...
- Helen Lemmel (1863-1961) (1)
Category Archives: Elisabeth Elliot’s Devotionals
Recently I committed a sin of what seemed to me unpardonable thoughtlessness. For days I wanted to kick myself around the block. What is the matter with me? I thought. How could I have acted so? “Fret not thyself because … Continue reading
The basis of all sin of whatever kind is pride. This was what inspired the disobedience of Adam and Eve, and it is always with us. One very common form it takes is the pride of privilege. When a man … Continue reading
Repeatedly I am asked variations of this question: Did the Lord comfort you or were you sometimes lonely or sad? It is not an either-or thing. If I had not been lonely and sad at times, how could I have … Continue reading
This is the question we need to ask ourselves when we are seeking “solutions” to our problems. Often we want only an audience. We want the chance to air grievances, to present our excuses, to make an explanation for our … Continue reading
The world is shaking with fear. “What will become of us? Where will it all end? What if Russia…? What if cancer…? What if expression…?” The love of God has wrapped us round from before the foundations of the world. … Continue reading
Our hectic lives involve many changes, and changes require decisions, and decisions must often be made in the midst of a multitude of confusions. We run here and there asking advice. Often we make decisions without sufficient deliberation because we … Continue reading
Through a disagreement with my husband Lars yesterday I suddenly recognized an instrument used powerfully by the enemy to drive a wedge between two people who love each other (and there is nothing which fills the enemy with such glee … Continue reading
How can this person who so annoys or offends me be God’s messenger? Is God so unkind as to send that sort across my path? Insofar as his treatment of me requires more kindness than I can find in my … Continue reading
The search for recognition hinders faith. We cannot believe so long as we are concerned with the “image” we present to others. When we think in terms of “roles” for ourselves and others, instead of simply doing the task given … Continue reading