" The secret things belong unto the Lord our God." Deui. xxlx. 29. O God, my God, these aching thoughts control. Still the deep restless yearnings of my soul, ' In endless mazes of conjecture lost, Bewildered, baffled, wearied, tempest-tost, Striving in vain those clouds to penetrate, Which hide my future, my eternal state. Check these tumultuous thoughts, so strong, so wild ; ~ Let me not be by Satan's snares beguiled ; The things revealed alone belong to man ; Why strive deep hidden mysteries to scan? "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;'' Lord ! as a little child I fain would be. My restless soul ! what do those thoughts avail ? Why strive to pierce the impenetrable veil? Alas ! thy faith amounts not yet to sight ! How should the finite grasp the infinite ? How should an atom on this earthly ball Search out the great First Cause. God over all?
- If Christ Should Come Tonight by Martha Snell Nicholson (4)
- The Old-Fashioned Way by Civilla D. Martin (1)
- Tim Thomas I am looking to play this song on my guitar...
- Account of Two Women Who Prayed for D. L. Moody (1)
- Daniel Brown This is a wonderful testimony! Is there a book in...
- Elisabeth Elliot Quotes (6)
- Collette Diez I have been searching to try to find Elisabeth Elliot's...
- About This Site (20)
- Edith I just found this site. Thank you.
- Unawares by Emma A. Lent (5)
- Arlynne L Jondro In 1960 I was a beehive in my church, and...
- Guests by Martha Snell Nicholson (1)
- James Murdoch Since 1987 I have lived with chronic low back pain...
- Basilea Schlink (5)