" The secret things belong unto the Lord our God." Deui. xxlx. 29. O God, my God, these aching thoughts control. Still the deep restless yearnings of my soul, ' In endless mazes of conjecture lost, Bewildered, baffled, wearied, tempest-tost, Striving in vain those clouds to penetrate, Which hide my future, my eternal state. Check these tumultuous thoughts, so strong, so wild ; ~ Let me not be by Satan's snares beguiled ; The things revealed alone belong to man ; Why strive deep hidden mysteries to scan? "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;'' Lord ! as a little child I fain would be. My restless soul ! what do those thoughts avail ? Why strive to pierce the impenetrable veil? Alas ! thy faith amounts not yet to sight ! How should the finite grasp the infinite ? How should an atom on this earthly ball Search out the great First Cause. God over all?
- Martha Snell Nicholson (9)
- Worrying by Basilea Schlink (1)
- Andy Thompson As a Christian who is a born worrier, I really...
- Jesus, tender Shepherd, hear me by Mary Lundie Duncan (3)
- Praise in the Midst of Trouble - Streams in the... (1)
- Margaret Henderson I read these lovely devotions every day and I find...
- More Artwork by Lilias Trotter (3)
- Anthea Yes! Check out Lilias' paintings on www.fineartamerica.com
- Mary Lundie Duncan (1814-1840) (1)
- Melody Myrow My Grandmother taught me this prayer when I was a...
- Faith’s Checkbook 02/17 (1)
- Anita Faith's Checkbook has been such an encouraging devotional. It offers...
- A Devious Repentance By Elisabeth Elliot (5)