“I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument” (Isa. 41:15).
A bar of steel worth five dollars, when wrought into horseshoes, is worth ten dollars. If made into needles, it is worth three hundred and fifty dollars; if into penknife blades, it is worth thirty-two thousand dollars; if into springs for watches it is worth two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. What a drilling the poor bar must undergo to be worth this! But the more it is manipulated, the more it is hammered and passed through the fire, and beaten and pounded and polished, the greater the value.
May this parable help us to be silent, still, and longsuffering. Those who suffer most are capable of yielding most; and it is through pain that God is getting the most out of us, for His glory and the blessing of others. –Selected
“Oh, give Thy servant patience to be still,
And bear Thy will;
Courage to venture wholly on the arm
That will not harm;
The wisdom that will never let me stray
Out of my way;
The love that, now afflicting, knoweth best
When I should rest.”
Life is very mysterious. Indeed it would be inexplicable unless we believed that God was preparing us for scenes and ministries that lie beyond the veil of sense in the eternal world, where highly-tempered spirits will be required for special service.
“The turning-lathe that has the sharpest knives produces the finest work.”
- Missionary's Wives (3)
- More Artwork by Lilias Trotter (3)
- The Cost of Declaring His Glory by Helen Roseveare (audio) (1)
- Carol Wanamaker Years ago, I read this talk by Helen Roseveare, and...
- Prayers Ancient and Modern 10/07 (1)
- Geniève Loved reading these prayers. Thank you.
- Xiao Min (10)
- Bro. Nick Is there any information on Sister Xiao Min where and...
- God hath not promised skies always blue by Annie Johnson... (3)
- Barbara Willis Dr. David Jeremiah the Bible Teacher in the U.S. mentioned...
- Prayers Ancient and Modern 08/27 (1)
- John Cyrus Wonderful site for comfort even for men!
- Madame Guyon Quotes (4)
- D.m.Attwood How grateful I am The Lord led me to your...