Benjamin looked at the boxed cake mix and decided he would surprise everyone and make a cake. He had seen how effortlessly Whitney had done it. It would be easy. As he began to pour the mixture in the bowl, then eggs, then came the water. It read 1 1 / 2 cups of water; and his inexperienced eyes told him that he needed 11 cups of water, wondering why that “/2” was there—so onward he poured; cup after cup of water into that bowl—until Whitney walk up and asked “What are you doing?” She saw the box alright, but didn’t understand why he was pouring all that water in the bowl! When she discovered his misunderstanding of the numbers, she proceeded to take as much of the water out of the bowl and the cake was saved. Benjamin will not make that mistake again!
- Rosalind Goforth (2)
- He Giveth More Grace by Annie Johnson Flint (1)
- Cesar A Gonzalez Reading this word filled up my soul.
- Missionary's Wives (4)
- E Thank you, Joy. Your response was very helpful and encouraging...
- Elisabeth Elliot (1)
- Jane Henderson I am in search of Elisabeth Elliott flip devotional that...
- Biography of Madame Guyon (3)
- Margaret Greenwood A very moving account of an amazing lady. What an...
- Prayer for Our Children by Amy Carmichael (1)
- Mary Winslow (1)
- christine Thank you
- All Women (6)
- Gisela Yohannan (4)
- Michelle What???