Benjamin looked at the boxed cake mix and decided he would surprise everyone and make a cake. He had seen how effortlessly Whitney had done it. It would be easy. As he began to pour the mixture in the bowl, then eggs, then came the water. It read 1 1 / 2 cups of water; and his inexperienced eyes told him that he needed 11 cups of water, wondering why that “/2” was there—so onward he poured; cup after cup of water into that bowl—until Whitney walk up and asked “What are you doing?” She saw the box alright, but didn’t understand why he was pouring all that water in the bowl! When she discovered his misunderstanding of the numbers, she proceeded to take as much of the water out of the bowl and the cake was saved. Benjamin will not make that mistake again!
- If Christ Should Come Tonight by Martha Snell Nicholson (4)
- The Old-Fashioned Way by Civilla D. Martin (1)
- Tim Thomas I am looking to play this song on my guitar...
- Account of Two Women Who Prayed for D. L. Moody (1)
- Daniel Brown This is a wonderful testimony! Is there a book in...
- Elisabeth Elliot Quotes (6)
- Collette Diez I have been searching to try to find Elisabeth Elliot's...
- About This Site (20)
- Edith I just found this site. Thank you.
- Unawares by Emma A. Lent (5)
- Arlynne L Jondro In 1960 I was a beehive in my church, and...
- Guests by Martha Snell Nicholson (1)
- James Murdoch Since 1987 I have lived with chronic low back pain...
- Basilea Schlink (5)